A lot of us are aware of typical homosexual slang like “kiki” or “trade, ” but did you ever hear of a “Lucky Pierre” a “Ring Snatcher? ” When you haven’t, you could be one — and also you don’t even understand.
Put together from dictionaries and glossaries featuring centuries of queer slang from about the world, listed below are 50 uncommon or phrases that are out-of-use you really need to invest in memory. “Over the connection to camonster com Pimpleton” we get.
1. Angel food (n. ) – homosexual pilot that is male serving floating around Force.
2. Basket shopping (v. ) – when cruising or someone that is checking, British term refers to examining the item of the affection’s personal areas through their clothes.
3. Beat (adj. ) – incredibly wonderful or great, “fabulous. ” Tonight Example: “Did you see her at the club? That look was beat. ”
4. Bulldagger (n. ) – a masculine girl, closely linked to “butch lesbian. ” Also see: “Diesel lesbian, ” term referring to women that are queer seem like vehicle drivers.
5. Chapstick lesbian (n. ) – queer identified woman that is athletic and sporty. Your message denotes that she’s the not the sort to put on makeup products (ala a “lipstick lesbian”) and applies to a more look that is natural.
6. Chicken (n. ) – a homosexual that is young searching for older men; see also: Chicken hawk, referring to an adult homosexual male searching for younger partners.
7. Cottaging (v. ) – British slang for setting up in general public restrooms.
8. Donald Duck (letter. ) – a homosexual male that is dishonorably released through the Navy with their sex; see additionally: “Dishonorable Discharge, ” or masturbating solo after attempting to pick someone up and failing.
9. Doris Day (letter. ) – 90s South slang that is african Gay Pride. Example: “The gays will march on Doris Day. ”
10. Eyeball queen (n. ) – individual who derives pleasure from viewing others participate in intercourse.
11. Fanny bellhop (n. ) – gay male utilized by the hospitality industry, such as for instance a concierge or a bellhop at a resort.
12. Fish and chips (n. ) – pejorative 90s British slang for the partner and young ones of a married “heterosexual” lover.
13. Complete household (n. ) – term utilized to denote having multiple Sexually sent disease simultaneously.
14. Woman scout (n. ) – military man on leave, presently looking for intercourse.
15. Grimm’s fairy (letter. ) – usually utilized to explain an aging homosexual male, comparable to “auntie”
16. Hetty (n. ) – reduced form of the expressed word“heterosexual, ” similar to “hetero” or “het. ”
17. Horatian (n. ) – from the belated 19th century, term utilized at Oxford amongst Lord Byron along with his compatriots up to a bisexual individual; see additionally: “Gillette blade, ” talking about a female that is bisexual.
18. Hoyden (n. ) – slang from Britain when you look at the 16th century to make reference to an untameable, crazy woman or perhaps a tomboy.
19. Frozen dessert (n. ) – thereforeme body so sweet that you’ve got the desire to lick them.
20. In sisters (n. ) – two effeminate gay males that have a romantic but relationship that is non-sexual usually close friends.
22. Iron closet (letter. ) – person in deep denial about their sexuality that is own whom might never ever emerge.
24. Lacy (adj. ) – utilized to an extremely effeminate male that is homosexual.
25. Lounge lizard (n. ) – someone who frequents pubs, attempting to get other individuals’ mates.
26. Lucky Pierre (letter. ) – the middleman within an Eiffel Tower.
27. Skip Congeniality (letter. ) – excessively negative term talking about an unlikable or “bitchy” homosexual male.
28. Mom Superior (letter. ) – older and wiser male that is gay ‘s been around the block once or twice; comparable to “auntie, ” but more favorable.
29. Nine-dollar bill (n. ) – exceedingly outward homosexual, one three-times more flaming than an individual who is “queerer compared to a three-dollar bill. ”
30. Regarding the make (adj. ) – single person entitled to dating or sex that is casual. See also: “In circulation. ”
31. Orphan (n. ) – anyone who has already been separated with.
32. Within the connection to Pimpleton (letter. ) – cumbersome term for homosexual intercourse.
33. Passion fruit (n. ) – old Hollywood term talking about an exceptionally straight-acting and usually masculine male.
34. Ring snatcher (n. ) – while having sex, the one who works the bottom part. Additionally see: “Pratt. ”
35. Rumpy-Rumpy (n. ) – homosexual intercourse; see additionally: “Bumper to Bumper, ” referring to lesbian vaginal sex.
36. Sappho Daddy-o (letter. ) – gay male who enjoys the business of lesbians, comparable to “Fruit Fly” for straight ladies.
37. Saturday Evening Lesbian (letter. ) – term for lesbians who present themselves as heterosexual to their normal weekdays that can be into the cabinet to friends and co-workers.
38. Trousers (n. ) – no-longer-in-use term to a lesbian; see also: “Muffer” or Fish that is“Kissing.
39. Smurf (n. ) – another term for twink, frequently more pejorative, because it suggests a “bitchy” demeanor.
40. Tinkerbelle (n. ) – queer man who enjoys being urinated upon.
41. Ursula (n. ) – queer woman who hangs down with “bears; ” also called a “Goldilocks. ”
42. Vampire (n. ) – gay males who head out in search of hookups later through the night.
43. Vegan (n. ) – homosexual male who can maybe perhaps perhaps not provide dental.
44. Warm bruder (n. ) – German phrase accustomed identify a homosexual male; “warm” is German slang for “homosexual. ”
Note: you’ve definitely heard this one if you live in Germany. English and American German-speakers have actually a poor practice of saying “Ich bin” that is warm hot times, being unsure of what they’re actually saying.
45. Wendy (n. ) – a person that is caucasian.
46. Wolf (n. ) – gay male that is neither a twink nor a bear, but falls someplace in between your two poles; comparable to a cub.
47. Wrinkle room (n. ) – pejorative term for a club whose clients mainly contains older gays.
48. Garden boy (n. ) – gay male who enjoys sex in general public, particularly in outside venues.
49. Yestergay (n. ) – former homosexual who now identifies as straight, also called “ex-gays. ”
50. Zanie (n. ) – archaic nineteenth century expression talking about a homosexual that is male
51. Zipper club (n. ) – a sex celebration or orgy that takes invest a general public area, such as a bathhouse or perhaps a club.
Note: Autostraddle possesses great range of lady-centric queer expressions, a few of that have been included right right here. Always check the rest out to their web web site. Madison Moore even offers a listing explaining best wishes homosexual black colored slang.
Have the best of attention Catalog in your inbox.
Subscribe to the Thought Catalog Weekly and obtain the most effective tales through the week to your inbox every Friday.
You might unsubscribe whenever you want. By subscribing, you consent to the regards to our Privacy declaration.
Concerning the writer
Find out about believe Catalog and our authors on our about page.