Code of Federal Regulations
В§ 416.520. Crisis advance payments.
(a) General. We possibly may spend a one-time crisis advance repayment to a person initially trying to get benefits that is presumptively eligible for SSI advantages and who may have a emergency that is financial. The actual quantity of this repayment cannot go beyond the Federal benefit price (see В§В§ 416.410 through 416.414) and the federally administered State supplementary payment, if any (see В§ 416.2020), which submit an application for the for which the payment is made month. Crisis advance repayment is defined in paragraph (b)(1) for this part. The real repayment quantity is computed as explained in paragraph (c) of the area. an urgent situation advance repayment is an advance of advantages anticipated to be due this is certainly recoverable as explained in paragraphs (d) and (age) with this part.
(b) concept of terms. For purposes of the subpartвЂ”
(1) crisis advance repayment means a primary, expedited repayment by a personal safety management industry workplace to a person or partner who’s initially using (see paragraph (b)(3) for this area), who’s at least presumptively eligible (see paragraph (b)(4) with this part), and who may have a financial crisis (see paragraph (b)(2) with this area).
(2) Financial crisis may be the monetary status of a person who has inadequate earnings or resources to satisfy a sudden threat to wellness or safety, including the not enough meals, clothes, shelter, or care that is medical.
(3) Initially using means the filing of a credit card applicatoin (see В§ 416.310) which calls for a preliminary dedication of eligibility, including the first application for SSI advantages or a credit card applicatoin filed subsequent to a previous denial or termination of a previous amount of eligibility for payment. A person or spouse whom formerly received a crisis advance repayment in a previous amount of eligibility which terminated may once again receive such a repayment if she or he reapplies for SSI and fulfills one other conditions for an urgent situation advance repayment under this part.
(4) Presumptively eligible could be the status of a person or partner who presents strong proof of the chances of fulfilling all the demands for eligibility such as the earnings and resources tests of eligibility (see subparts K and L for this component), categorical eligibility (age, impairment, or loss of sight), and technical eligibility (United States residency and citizenship or alien statusвЂ”see subpart P with this component).
(c) calculation of repayment amount. To calculate the crisis advance repayment quantity, the absolute most described in paragraph (a) with this area is when compared with both the anticipated quantity payable for the thirty days which is why the repayment is created (see paragraph (c)(1) with this section) therefore the quantity the applicant required to fulfill the crisis. The real repayment quantity is a maximum of the smallest amount of of those three quantities.
(1) In computing the crisis advance repayment quantity, we use the income that is monthly guidelines suitable for the thirty days which is why the advance is compensated, as explained in В§ 416.420. Generally speaking, the thirty days for which the advance is compensated may be the thirty days for which it really is compensated. But, in the event that advance is compensated within the thirty days the program is filed, the thirty days which is why the advance is compensated is recognized as to end up being the month that is first of eligibility for payment of advantages.
(2) For a few, we individually calculate each user’s crisis advance repayment amount.
(d) data recovery of emergency advance repayment where eligibility is made. Whenever a person or spouse is decided to meet the requirements and retroactive repayments are due, any crisis advance repayment quantities are restored in complete through the very first payment(s) certified into the usa Treasury. But, if no payments that are retroactive due and advantages are just due in future months, any emergency advance repayment quantities are restored through proportionate reductions in those advantages during a period of no more than six months. (See paragraph (age) for this area if the average person or spouse is set become ineligible.)
(age) Disposition of crisis advance repayments where eligibility just isn’t founded. If a presumptively qualified person (or partner) or few is set become ineligible, the crisis advance payment comprises a recoverable overpayment. (begin to see the exception in В§ 416.537(b)(1) whenever repayment is created on such basis as presumptive impairment or presumptive loss of sight.)
[55 FR 4422, Feb. 8, 1990; 55 FR 7411, Mar. 1, 1990, as amended at 64 FR 31974, 15, 1999 june]